School Resource Officers (SRO’s) are assigned to six Shawnee County High Schools. They serve as a resource for students, school staff, administrators and parents. SRO’s duties require them to function as educators, counselors, investigators and sometimes arbitrators for incidents involving students in and around their schools. Most importantly, SRO’s serve as positive role models.
The SRO’s coordinate the Summer Youth Academy. The weeklong camp is designed to promote a positive interaction between the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office and the youth of Shawnee County. The purpose is to build life skills, instill confidence and develop self-esteem through mentorship. The summer camp is offered to kids entering 6th grade through 8th grade and the curriculum includes a wide variety of activities that incorporate teamwork, physical fitness, and general law enforcement information.
Shawnee Heights High School
- Deputy Marcus Scheid • 785.379.5880 • email@example.com
Seaman High School
- Deputy Doug Fehr • 785.286.8300 x 55 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Silver Lake High School
- Deputy Desiree Wright • 785.582.4639 x 235 • email@example.com
Hayden High School
- Deputy Tim McCaffrey • 785.272.5210 x 41 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Rossville High School
- Deputy Desiree Wright • 785.584.6193 • email@example.com
Washburn Rural School
- Deputy Craig Cochran • 785.339.4198 • firstname.lastname@example.org