The Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office Mounted Posse is a volunteer organization committed to serving the community and dedicated to protecting the lives and property of the citizens of Shawnee County. The Mounted Posse assists by working with various units of the Sheriff’s Office.
If you have access to a horse, a way to transport it, and are thinking about joining a volunteer organization please consider joining the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse. The Mounted Posse is an opportunity for you to gain knowledge, receive training in assisting law enforcement, and to serve your community.
To become a member of the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse, please fill out an application and return it to the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office.
For more information please contact Captain Shane Hoobler: 785.368.2281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out more about our parades, events and other activities on our calendar.
- The Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for the Mounted Posse.
- To join the Posse you must complete an application and return it to the Sheriff’s Office.
- The applicant must complete the application and screening program along with his or her horse.
- Applicants are allowed to qualify more than one horse.
- All applicants are required to successfully complete the stimulus course.
- Applicants are required to pass a background check.
- Successful applicants are required to participate in activities and events as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Applicants will not be allowed to participate in activities on any horse that has not been approved.
- All applicants must provide their own horse and transportation.
- The Posse is funded through volunteer events, donations and monies generated by the Posse.
- For additional information contact Captain Shane Hoobler at 785.368.2281 or email@example.com