You can serve your community as a profeincludeonal law enforcement officer. In the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office Reserve Division, you will be required to work at least 16 hours a month throughout the office.
To be a Sheriff's Reserve Officer you must:
- Be physically fit
- Be mentally alert
- Be people-oriented
- Be 21 years of age
- Have no criminal record
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid Kansas Drivers license
- Have a good driving record
- Possess high moral standards and be of good character
- Pass a background investigation
- Pass a physical agility test
- Pass a polygraph test
- Attend a part-time law enforcement Reserve Training Program
Reserve officers must attend the Reserve Training Program
at the Law Enforcement Center at 320 South Kansas Avenue in Topeka, Kansas, or
already be certified by the Kansas Law Enforcement Center in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Find out more about the Reserve Training Program.
If you are interested, please leave your name, complete address, and a telephone
number where you can be reached during the day or evening.
Call (785) 368-2204 and leave the requested information or e-mail Allen Moran.